United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) Graduate Trainee Programme 2016
Vacancy Announcement! Graduate Internship/Traineeship! Multilateral Diplomacy Programme!
Suitably qualified Nigerians can now apply for the ongoing (UNITAR) Graduate Trainee Programme 2016
The Multilateral Diplomacy Programme (MDP) of the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) maintains an internship/traineeship programme for students/recent/fresh graduates interested in gaining professional experience in a multicultural environment and enhancing their understanding of the United Nations system.
MDP designs and delivers the Institute’s core diplomacy training (CDT), consisting primarily of orientation briefings and short, intensive skills development workshops which benefit cumulatively some 2,500 diplomats yearly at the United Nations Headquarters and other venues where the Organization maintains a significant presence.
Parallel to CDT, MDP develops and delivers training activities at country and regional levels in close partnership with national training institutes, universities and selected international organizations. MDP activities also including e-Learning; special projects, including advisory services related to the curriculum development of diplomatic academies; and the development of other training tools, including the Glossary for UN Delegates and a Manual on United Nations Conference Processes, Procedures and Negotiations.
MDP welcomes qualified candidates interested to work for a period of four to six months, on an unpaid basis, at UNITAR headquarters in Geneva. They will receive a monthly lump-sum to cover transportation.
Organizational Unit: Multilateral Diplomacy Programme
Duration of contract: 4 to 6 months
Start date: 5 September 2016
Duty Station: Geneva, Switzerland
In line with the Institute’s efforts to improve its training activities and special events, the Multilateral Diplomacy Programme is developing a strategic growth plan to enhance the external products and advertisement of their projects, including its online training courses.
Under the supervision of the Training Assistant of UNITAR’s Multilateral Diplomacy Programme, the intern/trainee will assist in the development and design of UNITAR’s external products (brochures, advertisements, online advertisements, web products and outgoing documents) as well as e-courses on diplomacy and skills development. The intern/trainee would assist in, inter alia, designing the products, showing originality and professionalism, being creative whilst and adapting the products to the existing UNITAR’s guidelines. The intern/trainee would also be responsible for assisting in communications and outreach activities. Typical tasks assigned to the intern/trainee may include the following:
- To support colleagues in the development of external communication products such as brochures, advertisements and web design as well as online courses;
- To adapt training materials and learning packages to quality and professional standards and UNITAR existing guidelines;
- To liaise directly with partner organizations and beneficiaries in preparation for the delivery of these products (printing and web designing);
- To undertake research that may provide necessary input into such training and outreach materials;
- To assist the Programme in its outreach and communication strategy (including social media);
- To maintain and develop UNITAR’s communication database to ensure the efficient and effective dissemination of information and coordination amongst the global diplomatic community.
The tasks assigned may be reviewed during contract period to reflect changes in programme needs and priorities.
After the assignment the intern/trainee should be able to:
- Translate strategic vision into actionable objectives;
- Work independently and take initiative;
- Have developed a professional rapport with UNITAR staff;
- Be familiar with UNITAR’s branding guidelines;
- Ameliorate, adapt and design UNITAR’s external products in a professional way;
- Have enhanced their creativity and innovation skills;
- Propose ways to further UNITAR’s mission in terms of designing;
- Work in a multicultural environment.
Candidates should, as a minimum, either be enrolled in or hold a university-level qualification (Bachelor’s degree, licence or other) in any of the following
graphic or instructional design digital media,
languages or a related subject.
Please note that the status of intern is granted to candidates still enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate programme, while candidates having completed their education are considered as trainees.
Candidates should also have: demonstrated interest in instructional and graphic design, distance learning methodologies; be creative and professional; demonstrate administrative and organizational skills to assist in the designing of external products; computer skills (to deal with InDesign, Photoshop, internet search, advertisement through social media, etc.) and a high level of individual responsibility, commitment and initiative.
Dates and Duration
Start date: 5 September 2016
Duration: four to six months. The internship/traineeship programme is normally on a full-time basis and interns/trainees are expected to work five days a week. Requests for part-time arrangements are possible, and should be agreed before the start of the internship/traineeship.
Excellent knowledge in both oral and written English is required. Knowledge of French or other working UN languages is an advantage.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: “UNITAR’s Multilateral Diplomacy Programme: Internship/Traineeship –Training opportunity”.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview
Deadline for applications: 1 July 2016Advertisement
Relationship: Get Rich Sugar Mummy and Daddy in Nigeria
Study Medicine and Nursing in Guyana or USA: Easy Admissions, Low Fees, Visa Guaranteed: Click here for details
AD: Click here to Read Nigeria Latest News Online